For a quick batch:
- 5 apples
- A glass of water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
You can add to your taste:
- Ground cinnamon
- Vanilla sugar or vanilla seeds
1. Cut 5-6 apples, making cubes as regular as possible, to prevent small pieces to be overcooked compared to bigger ones.
2. Pour a glass of water in a large sauce pan or pot.
3. Add the apple cubes
4. Cook over low heat, cover for 20-30 minutes until you get the desired texture.
5. Add 2 tablespoons of sugar, and mix.
6. Finally, you can add a subtle flavored touch by adding cinnamon, vanilla sugar or the equivalent of a scrapped vanilla pod.