Here’s our second part on cutting cucumbers. For now we’ll be making sticks, cubes, and tournes. These more elaborated preparations will allow you to make great looking salads and garnishes.
To make cucumber sticks and cubes:
- Cut sections of 2 inches long.
- Make regular slices lengthwise.
- Cut again to get your sticks.
- Stack the sticks together and cut perpendicularly to get cucumber cubes.
To make cucumber tournés:
- Start by cutting the cucumber into section of 2 inches long.
- Cut each section into 4 wedges.
- With a paring knife, trim each wedge to give it an oblong shape.