How to cook spaghetti squash in oven? Spaghetti squash is such a healthy substitute to pasta – low in calories and fat! Plus, it’s easy to cook and the topping possibilities are endless. So if you took a gamble on a spaghetti squash at the grocery store, here’s the easiest way to cook it. No spiralizer or any special gadgets required!
Ingredients list for the spaghetti squash
- 1 (2-3 pounds / 1-1.5kg) spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Lightly oil a baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
2. Cut the squash in half lengthwise from stem to tail and scrape out the seeds and gunk.
3. Drizzle spaghetti squash halves with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Place squash, cut-side down, onto the prepared baking dish and roast until tender, about 35-45 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and allow to rest until cool enough to handle. Using a fork, scrape the flesh crosswise to make long spaghetti strands.
Note: If you want to cut down cooking time in the oven, place the spaghetti squash halves in a plate with a tablespoon water and microwave for 5-7 minutes.