“Sweet and airy, this is a biscuit cake invented by the cook of the Count of Savoy and the aristocrats form his court in 1383. It is the cake of holidays, a symbol of family celebrations. It is usually accompanied by a vanilla cream. “
Times: Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Ingredients: Savoy Biscuits recipe
For 8 people:
- 500 g sugar
- 200 g of potato starch
- 200 g flour
- 14 eggs
- 2 tablespoon orange flower water
preparation: Savoy Biscuit recipe
Preparation of ingredients:
- Preheat oven to 200 ° C, thermostat 6-7. Separate whites from yolks.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks with sugar until the mixture forms a pale and frothy ribbon.
- Pour the sifted flour and starch while mixing gently with a spatula.
- Beat the egg whites added of a pinch of salt until very stiff.
- When they become strong, then add 3 tbsp of caster sugar and beat them a few minutes very quickly. Add the white sugar to the mixture, egg yolks, flour and starch with great care.
- Generously butter and flour pan with sponge cake.
- Pour the batter in ¾ of the mold and cook over low heat.
- Check for doneness by planting the tip of a knife should come out clean.
- Turn out in the oven on a wire rack and let it cool? — Also read:Chocolate Macaroons