Enjoy summer in a bowl! Sweet and salty with a hint of Jalapeño heats, this juicy watermelon salad brings a great combination of flavors, perfect for a summer cookout. Keep the leftovers in the refrigerator, the salad improves with time and will be still delicious the following day.
Ingredients list for the watermelon salad
Serves 4 – 6:
- 1/2 seedless watermelon
- 1 cup diced red onion (about half a medium red onion)
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1-2 jalapeño(s), seeded and finely diced (add more or less to taste)
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
Super-Fudgy Double Chocolate Brownie
1. Use a melon baller to scoop balls from the watermelon halves and add to a large bowl.
2. Add the cilantro leaves, jalapeño and diced red onion. Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper, zest and lime juice. Toss all ingredients together until combined. Season with more pepper and additional herbs to taste. Serve immediately, or refrigerate for up to 1 day.