Everything about this grilled chicken salad is delicious and it uses the same honey lime mixture for the marinade and for drizzling over. Nothing can beat this easy weeknight meal for two!
Ingredients list for the Honey Lime Grilled Chicken Salad
The salad (serves two):
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless, butterflied or split in two lengthwise
- 1 large avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1 seedless cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup strawberries, trimmed and sliced
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce leaves, washed
- 2 tablespoons feta, crumbled
- 1/3 cup honey
- Juice of one lime
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb mix (oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary)
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce (or your favorite spicy sauce)
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
1. Whisk the marinade ingredients except Sriracha together to combine. Divide the marinade in two and keep one half to use later as the dressing for the salad. Add Sriracha in the remaining half of the marinade and whisk to combine. Marinate the chicken breasts for 30 minutes.
2. Heat a skillet over medium heat with a teaspoon of oil and grill chicken breasts on each side until golden and cooked through.
3. Slice chicken into strips and prepare the salad with leaves, strawberries, avocado slices, cucumber, feta and chicken.
4. Whisk 2 tablespoons of water into the remaining half of the marinade/dressing and drizzle generously over the salad. Season with a little extra salt and cracked pepper if needed. Enjoy!