You’ll never believe how simple it is to make this sheet pan honey garlic chicken with veggies! Tender chicken, crisp veggies and packed with tons of flavor. Say hello to your new go to on busy nights!
Ingredients list for the honey garlic chicken
- 3lbs (1.5kg) chicken leg quarters, bone-in and skin-on (about 4 leg quarters)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) honey
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 5 – 6 medium carrots, cut lengthwise
- 1 broccoli head, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
1. In a bowl, whisk together honey, minced garlic, thyme and balsamic vinegar; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
2. In shallow baking dish or large bowl, combine the marinade and chicken; marinate for at least 30 minutes to overnight in the refrigerator, turning occasionally. Drain the chicken, collect the marinade.
3. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
4. Place chicken on the baking sheet and arrange carrots around in a single layer. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
5. Place into the oven and roast until the chicken is completely cooked through, about 20 – 25 minutes. Add broccoli and drizzle with remaining marinade about 10 minutes before end of cooking time. Serve immediately, garnished with toasted sesame seeds.