This honey garlic baked ham is dripping with flavor and perfect for the holidays or a Sunday supper. It is super moist and delicious, with a glaze that is so decadent you’ll be slurping it up with a spoon!
Ingredients list for the honey garlic baked ham
- 1 smoked ham, bone-in
- 4 garlic heads
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup (120ml) water
- 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 coffee spoon salt (optional, if ham is already salty)
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Fresh rosemary and thyme
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C) and prepare a rimmed baking sheet or cast iron skillet.
2. In the meantime, soak garlic cloves in boiling water and simmer for 3 or 4 minutes. Drain from boiling water and rinse under cold water. Remove skin, it should come off easily.
3. Heat olive oil in a skillet, brown garlic gently for a couple of minutes until golden. Make sure not to burn garlic. Set aside.
4. In the same skillet, combine water, balsamic vinegar, honey, mustard, salt (optional), pepper, rosemary and thyme and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes until the sauce thickens. Add garlic back to the glaze and cook for 2 minutes more.
5. Place the ham on the baking sheet or skillet and score a grid-like pattern, cutting down about 1/2 inch. Taking about 1/3 of the honey garlic mixture, brush the entire ham generously.
6. Place the ham in the oven and bake for 50 minutes. Remove from oven and brush another 1/3 of the glaze on top and place back in the oven. Add garlic back to the pan around the ham and bake for an additional 50 minutes or until the top is brown and crisp. Remove from oven and allow to rest.
7. Pour the remaining glaze into a serving bowl. Slice the ham to your liking and serve warm with glaze and garlic on the side.