Here’s a comforting and foolproof recipe to end any meal: Filled with summer fruit, this tart is perfect if you’ve got fresh apricots and want a dessert that isn’t fussy to make. This apricot and honey tart can be prepared in less than an hour and the balanced combination of tartness and sweetness is simply lovely!
Ingredients: Honey and Apricot Tart
- 1/2 pound (250g) pure-butter puff pastry (homemade puff pastry recipe here)
- 6-8 ripe —but firm— apricots
- 4 tablespoons honey (I recommend you try with lavender honey)
- 5 tablespoons almond meal (ground almonds)
- Brown sugar and slivered almonds for the topping
Oven Baked Mashed Potato Cakes
You can also make this tart with canned apricot in syrup. Just make sure to drain apricot halves and use pure-butter puff pastry. Just reduce baking time from 5 to 8 minutes.
1. Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
2. Wash and cut apricots in half. Remove the cores and cut each halves into quarters. Set aside.
3. Roll out the puff pastry sheet and butter your tart pan or baking sheet. Line the pan with puff pastry and prick with a fork.
4. Line the dough with a sheet of parchment paper and cover with baking beads or dried beans to maintain. Blind bake for 10 minutes at 360°F (180°C). Allow to cool.
5. Sprinkle the cooled tart shell with ground almonds. Coat the apricot with honey and arrange them on the tart crust.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 360°F (180°C).
7. Sprinkle brown sugar and flaked almonds over apricots and bake for 5 minutes more.
Serve this apricot tart with lavender honey, vanilla ice cream or, why not, lavender ice cream!
(Photo by Sweet Salty)