There are several ways of making home made yogurt and this one is all about easy and tasty! This sweet pear compote topped with a creamy vanilla yogurt will brighten up any difficult morning! While this yogurt only requires 15-20 minutes of active kitchen time, it needs to sit for around 10 hours in a yogurt maker to allow it to culture and turn into creamy yogurt. So do all the prep work before going off to bed and leave it out all night while you sleep. When you wake up, you have yogurt!
Ingredients list for Pear Yogurt Recipe
Make 10 yogurt about 1/2 cup(125ml):
- 4 cups (1l) of whole milk
- 1 yogurt away from its expiration date,
- Two tablespoons of powdered milk,
- 2 pears
- Half a vanilla bean
- Ginger powder
- 6 small teaspoons of sugar
1. Peel the pears, cut in small cubes of 1/2-inch.
2. Place the pear cubes into a saucepan with the vanilla pod split in two and seeds, 2 pinches of ginger, a teaspoon of sugar, a tablespoon of water.
3. Simmer over low heat for 15 minutes and allow to cool.
4. Mix the yogurt with a little milk and powdered milk to dissolve, then add the remaining milk, mix gently and set aside.
6. Drain the pears, crush coarsely with a fork and spread in the bottom of the yogurt pots (glass jars or other).
7. Divide the milk mixture over the pears.
8. Put the jars into your yoghurt maker for 10 hours.
9. Put the lids on and keep refrigerated 4 hours before serving. Yogurts will keep in the fridge for up to 1 month.