Time for a healthy breakfast recipe today. This is a breakfast or snack cereal and one that I am sure all the family will love. Nothing really compares to a homemade muesli: you always know what you put in, and you can vary the ingredients! For this one, we used a craft chestnut honey, raisins and added walnuts for crunch. You can make this crunchy honey scented muesli in advance and store it for up to two weeks in an airtight container… if it lasts that long!
Ingredient List for Crunchy Muesli with Honey and Nuts
- 2/3 lb (300g) mixed flakes (oats, spelt, wheat and rye)
- 4 tablespoons liquid honey (if your honey is a bit solid, you’ll have to heat it a few minutes to soften)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 15 chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
Parmesan Garlic Spaghetti Squash
1. Preheat your oven to 360°F (180°C) and grease a baking tin or sheet.
2. Heat a big pan and add the cereal flakes and nuts. Dry toast them over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes. Stir frequently and avoid burning! It is finished when you smell the roasted flakes.
3. Let the flakes cool down in a bowl. Add liquid honey, oil and a pinch of salt. Mix well until all is combined.
4. Pour it into the baking sheet and distribute evenly.
5. Bake for about 20 minutes at 360°F (180°C).
6. Let it cool down and break into pieces for your crunchy muesli before adding the raisins and keep in a large airtight jar.
Serve with chilled milk or yogurt!