Caramel and mascarpone Butter — Making a dry caramel is much easier than you think. I would say it is even simpler than creamy caramel. Here, we’ll use dry caramel as a starting point for an indecent, soft, creamy and sweet indulgence: caramel and mascarpone spread!
Ingredient list for the caramel and mascarpone Butter
For a small pot with a capacity of 1 cup (250mL):
- 2/3 cup (125 g) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15ml) full cream
- 7 ounces (200g) mascarpone
Oven Baked Mashed Potato Cakes
1. Get a large pan to prevent the overflow of caramel sauce.
2. Prepare all your ingredients. Weigh your sugar, beat the mascarpone slightly. Put the cream (about a tablespoon) in a cup and let it heat for about ten seconds in the microwave.
3. If you wish, you can also prepare a large bowl of cold water with ice cubes to stop the cooking when your caramel has reached the desired stage.
4. Put a third of the amount of sugar in the saucepan and heat over medium heat. Add another third of the sugar when the first third becomes liquid and lightly browned. Do the same with the remaining sugar.
5. Feel free to mix during caramelization of sugar by reducing the edges toward the center.
6. Once the caramel reaches a nice golden brown color and is just starting to smoke, remove the pan from the heat and pour the cream in. Be very careful with projections (wear a glove if you’re worried). Mix quickly before adding the mascarpone. Smooth the mixture with your spatula.
7. Put back over low heat for 1 to 2 minutes while continuing to stir.
8. Pour into a glass jar. Let it cool before you store it in the fridge. Enjoy your breakfast!
Tips and precautions:
- The taste of caramel sauce will depend on the stage of cooking. The more cooked, the stronger it will taste. So keep watching. Ideally you will have a nicely browned but not burnt caramel!
- If your sauce has lumps, mix it with a hand blender to get it smooth — no, I don’t call this cheating!
- Keep children away from the kitchen — hot caramel spills are dangerous.
- If you receive a projection or you dip your finger into the caramel, do not lick your finger; let the caramel run under a stream of cold water.