Rich in Omega-3 fatty acid and salmon is a very healthy fish. This simple and delicious marinade with aromatic herbs, carrot and onion develops salmon’s natural richness and makes a great appetizer served on toasted bread.
Makes 1 jar:
- 2 slices (1/3 pound) smoked salmon
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 carrots
- 1 bay leaf
- Fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons 5 peppercorns mix (5 spices mix)
- 1 cup olive oil, or any other oil you like
1. Infuse the olive oil: In a sauce pan, heat 1 cup olive oil until a few small bubbles start forming. Then add rosemary and peppercorn off the heat. Let steep until oil is cold.
2. Meanwhile peel and cut carrots into thin slices. Peel and mince the onion. Cut the smoked salmon into 2 to 3 inch pieces.
3. Combine in a large dish and fill a jar with this mixture and cover with infused olive oil.
4. Close the lid and store in the refrigerator for one or two days before serving, time to allow the flavors to blend together. Keep up to one week in the refrigerator. Serve on toasted bread with a drizzle of lemon juice, or as a carpaccio to start a dinner.