How to adopt a healthy diet to lose weight without stress? Many of us don’t consume enough healthy foods and nutrition (too fatty or too rich); the sudden changes our bodies undergo eg. after childbirth, illness, or simply a negligence or ignorance of healthy eating can make us gain weight.
When adopting a new style of eating healthy, you will see that your food preferences will change gradually because when you reduce the consumption of foods high in sugar and fat, your cravings will fade over time. Your body wants to eat healthy, especially healthy foods and allow you to lose weight.
One of the biggest challenges when we start to eat healthy is to properly replace “unbalanced” foods in our diet. Here are some tips to make this transition easier:
1. Use mustard instead of mayonnaise on sandwiches. You will get a lot of flavor while consuming fewer calories and fat.
2. Choose whole wheat bread rather than white bread. Be sure to read the food label to make sure you buy whole grains, not colored white bread.
3. Eat white meat like chicken or turkey, which is lower in fat than red meat or pork. Animal fat is the largest dietary source of saturated fat (aka bad fat).
4. Start using lean ground beef, pork or fish instead of whole meat pieces which are the richest in fat.
5. Change your cooking methods. Bake or grill instead of frying. Use nonstick sprays or non-stick pans instead of oil or butter.
6. Drink more water. Slowly reduce the amount of soda you drink and replace it with herbal teas or water. Aim to drink 8 glasses of pure water per day.
7. Do not drink extra calories – eat a whole orange instead of drinking a glass of orange juice for example. Solid foods are usually more satisfying and more nutritious than juices, drinks juices, or other beverages that are high in calories.
8. Serve seasonings and dressings on the side. Dip your fork into the sauce and then put it in you food. You get the flavor without too many calories.
9. Gradually switch to skim milk. Milk can be found in 4 varieties: whole (4% fat), 2% fat, 1% fat, skim (0% fat).
10. Switch from one variety of high-fat milk to skim milk every 2 weeks. For example, continue to drink your 2% milk for 2 weeks, then switch to 1% fat milk for 2 weeks. Then, your taste buds will be ready for the consistency of skim milk.
11. Replace high-fat cheeses with fat-free cheese in the same way as milk (see above)
12. Order vegetable side dish instead of fries with lemon juice or herbs instead of butter.
13. Eat fruits and nuts as a snack instead of sweets. Fiber, protein and good fats in this combo will give you strength until the next meal, and you won’t suffer the tiring feeling that comes after eating sweets.
14. Reduce your portion sizes. Most people eat regardless of the amount of food that is in front of them. Then begin to serve your meals on smaller plates.You will be equally satisfied because in your mind you would have eaten a plate full of food.
Eat healthy does not have to mean deprivation. You don’t have to stop eating your favorite foods (often high in calories) totally. You’ll just have to make some changes. Reward yourself with a mini chocolate bar instead of a large bar for example. Trying to eat the most nutritious foods possible, you create a healthy lifestyle that will help you reach your ideal weight, and keep it.
What do you think of our healthy eating tips? How do you eat healthier? Read comments or add your review in the comments below (your comment will appear after moderation).