Kids’ favorite party treat — cake pops — get a monstrous makeover for your Halloween get-together. Dressed in bright orange or white, these little monsters will look charming decorating your party table. They’re sweet and moist, and the combination of yogurt cake, vanilla flavor and frosting goes down great with a glass of witches’ brew!
Ingredients list for the Halloween Cake Pops
Make 20 balls, depending on the size of the yogurt pot. Yes, you read right, your yogurt pot is your unit of measurement!
- 1 yogurt pot (approx. 150mL – 5 fl oz, which will serve as a measure)
- 2 pots of flour
- 2 pots of sugar
- 1/2 pot of oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
- Glaze (optional)
- Food grade dye (optional)
Balsamic, Honey Roasted Cabbage Steaks
1. Preheat your oven to 360°F (180°C).
2. Combine all ingredients in a bowl to make a soft and sticky dough. Pour into flexible molds (I bought a Wilton silicon pan, with cavities a little higher than half spheres made for “balls”).
3. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes depending on the size of your cakes. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Poke with a lollipop stick.
4. For icing we used a ready made glaze with few drops of food-grade dye. You can achieve good results with a beaten egg white, adding sugar until you get the desired consistency.