A tender, juicy, and flavorful grilled steak with a homemade marinade. The garlicky, spicy flavors of the marinade marry beautifully with the richness and fattiness of steak. Plus the fresh parsley sauce offers a nice contrast when serving.
Ingredients list for the grilled steaks
- 1 porterhouse, flank, or rib-eye steak, 1-inch thick
- 5 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- One 1-inch piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Thyme, to taste
The sauce for serving:
- A handful flat parsley, chopped
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
1. Combine the ingredients for the marinade and marinate meat for 1 hour minimum in the refrigerator. Drain steak from the marinade and bring at room temperature.
2. Heat grill to medium-high; clean and lightly oil hot grates. Generously season steak with coarse salt and fresh cracked pepper. Grill 8 minutes, rotating 90 degrees halfway through. Flip steak and cook 8 minutes more for medium-rare, rotating again halfway through. Let rest 8 to 10 minutes, covered with foil.
3. Meanwhile combine olive oil, salt, pepper and chopped parsley to make the sauce. Slice steak into strips and drizzle with parsley sauce before serving.
Note: You can keep the marinade and cook it for 5 to 10 minutes in a saucepan to accompany meat.