It’s grilling season! You’ll absolutely love the flavors of these pork kebabs marinated in a honey, soy sauce, sriracha mixture and grilled with red onions and zucchini. Serve with a fresh and spicy jalapeño yogurt sauce. For a healthy summer meal, it doesn’t get better than that!
Ingredients list for the skewers
For the kekabs:
- 1.75 pounds boneless center-cut pork chops, 1 1/4-inches thick (4 to 5 chops), cut into 1 1/4 -inch cubes
- 1 large red onion, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces (3-layer stacks)
- 2 zucchini, sliced
Spicy Baked Chicken Tenders
For the marinade:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 3 medium cloves of garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce, optional
The yogurt sauce:
- 2 cups whole-milk plain yogurt
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped Jalapeño
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
1. In a bowl, combine the ingredients for the marinade. Drop in the pork cubes, mix to coat with marinade and cover. Allow the pork to fully season in the refrigerator for at least an hour or up until 24 hours.
2. Light up your grill (charcoal or gas, whichever your preference). In this order, thread a zucchini slice, onion stack, cube of meat, onto the skewers. Repeat this order one or two more times per skewer. Brush any remaining marinade onto the skewers.
3. Grill the kebabs, uncovered, turning each kebab one-quarter turn every 2-3 minutes until the meat is well-browned and cooked through. Transfer the kebabs to a large clean serving platter. Enjoy immediately along with the spicy yogurt sauce.
The yogurt sauce:
1. Combine yogurt, scallions, jalapeño, oil, and lime juice in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Yogurt sauce can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
- Grill small cherry or grape tomatoes along the skewers, they are delicious and juicy.