Ingredients list for the Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 slices bread of choice
- 2/3 cup cheddar, cut into strips
- Apple slices, about 2 per sandwich. Use an apple corer and a mandoline slicer to make beautiful regular slices.
Parmesan Garlic Spaghetti Squash
1. In a skillet, stir fry the mushrooms until golden with a little olive oil. Set aside.
2. In the same skillet over medium-low heat, add a tablespoon olive oil and fry the onions gently for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Rinse the skillet and melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat.
4. While butter is melting, assemble the sandwiches. On one slice of bread, layer mushrooms, cheddar, candied onions, then apple slices. You can add more cheddar on top if you like. Salt and pepper to taste. Finish by topping with the other slice of bread and lightly press together. Repeat the same process for the second sandwich.
5. In the melted butter place the two sandwiches down and cook for about 2-3 minutes, until lightly browned. Then gently flip sandwiches on other side, and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted and sandwich is browned.
Note: A good trick is to cover the skillet with a lid. The heat will rise evenly, making the cheese melt quicker, without drying up the bread.