Easy and very nutritious, this vegan and gluten free stew with green lentils and carrots will be the perfect choice for a cozy Meatless Monday meal. Make for dinner tonight and have your lunch ready for tomorrow!
Ingredients list for the green lentil stew
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 3 large carrots, diced
- 2 cups green lentils, rinsed
- 6 cups vegetable broth, low sodium (or 6 cups water + 1 bouillon cube)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
Parmesan Garlic Spaghetti Squash
1. Preheat a large pot on medium heat with olive oil. Add carrot and saute for 2 minutes. Add garlic and onions and saute for 5 minutes. Add lentils and saute for another 3-5 minutes.
2. Pour vegetable broth. Season with bay leaves, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, and simmer covered for 30 to 45 minutes over low heat, until lentil are cooked and soft, adding little water if necessary. Lentils should have absorbed most of the water. Remove bay leaves, adjust seasoning and serve warm garnished with cilantro.