Greek Yogurt Pear Crisp Parfait—So simple and SO yummy to start the day off right! Pears and greek yogurt come together in this essential breakfast, pairing sweet tender fruit with a crunchy topping. Plus it’s ready in 10 minutes!
Ingredients list for the pear crisp parfait
- 2 cups non-fat vanilla, greek yogurt
The cinnamon crumble:
- 1/3 cup (75g) brown sugar
- 2/3 cup (75g) all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons cold butter
The almond pear compote:
- 2 pears
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground almond
- 1 teaspoon honey
1. Preheat your oven to 360°F (180°C).
2. In a medium bowl combine brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Using a dough blender (or by hand), cut in butter until only small pieces remain. Work with your finger to obtain a crumbly texture. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 7-10 minutes at 360°F (180°C).
3. Meanwhile, peel and dice pears. Brown slowly in a skillet with a knob of butter. Once pear is almost cooked, add vanilla extract, ground almond and honey and cook until pear are melting and caramelized. Let cool to room temperature.
4. Divide greek yogurt in each glass. Top with pear dices, then sprinkle the topping.