This light and fresh sauce with avocado, made with cottage cheese and fresh herbs, is inspired by a recipe from Alice Waters. This avocado sauce is the perfect accompaniment to your spring salad, grilled chicken or fish.
Ingredients list for the avocado dressing sauce
- 1 small shallot
- 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 handful of mixed fresh herbs (tarragon, parsley, chervil, coriander, dill, chives, mint, basil…)
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1 small ripe avocado
- 1 rounded tablespoon of low fat cottage cheese, greek yogurt or sour cream
- A dash of Tabasco
1. Start preparing the sauce: Chop the shallot finely and place in a bowl. Add vinegar, lemon juice and a pinch of salt, stir and leave to stand while you prepare the remaining ingredients. This step helps to soften both the shallot and vinegar.
2. Continue preparing the sauce: Remove the flesh of the avocado and mash coarsely with a fork in a bowl. Add yogurt and Tabasco, and herbs and pepper. Your sauce is ready!