Here’s a quick and refreshing recipe for dinner: spicy asparagus with lemon, mint and avocado! The asparagus season has finally arrived, I just love them. But what I like most of all is to combine asparagus with other flavors, such as fish, avocado, crab… So I chose to make this spicy asparagus with lemon and mint, added some diced avocado, and surprise! It’s great – unique and unexpected! This recipe is quick to make and the sweet asparagus and melting avocado blend together in a spicy and tangy lemon and mint mix.
Ingredients list for Spiced Asparagus Salad
Serves 2 :
- 7 ounces (200g) of green asparagus
- 1 handful of fresh mint leaves, washed and chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Chili powder
- 1 avocado
- Salt and pepper
Super-Fudgy Double Chocolate Brownie
1. Wash the asparagus and then cut the hard stem and peel with the bottom of the asparagus with a paring knife or a vegetable peeler.
2. Boil a large pot of water, add salt and dip the asparagus in for 3-4 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water to keep them bright green and firm.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the sauce: In a bowl, combine the lemon zest and lemon juice with oil and a little red chili powder. Add salt and pepper.
4. Cut the avocado into cubes and incorporate into the sauce along with mint leaves.
5. Arrange the asparagus on a plate or a platter and spread the sauce over. Sprinkle again with a little ground chili pepper and keep cool before serving.
Variant: Grill the asparagus and serve them warm topped with parmesan.