A quick and healthy omelet recipe for evening dinners when we are rather short of ideas. Get some farm eggs, goat cheese, red pepper, chives, and parsley to make this simple dish that is rich in protein and calcium.
Ingredients list for the Goat Cheese, Sweet Pepper Omelet
Yield: about 4 servings:
- 6 eggs
- 1 small red sweet pepper
- 1/2 lb (200g) of goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Parsley and chives
- Salt and pepper
1. Wash the sweet peppers, then cut in half to remove the seeds. Then dice the peppers and soak them for 3 minutes in boiling salted water to blanch. Then run them under cold water and drain.
2. In a non-stick pan or skillet, fry the blanched sweet peppers with a tablespoon of olive oil for 5 minutes.
3. In a bowl, beat eggs and milk with a fork. Season. Add the chopped herbs.
4. Cut the goat cheese into slices.
5. Remove the diced pepper from the skillet. Pour a tablespoon of remaining olive oil and pour the beaten eggs into the skillet. Cook until the edges of the omelet are peeling off.
6. Then spread the diced pepper and slices of goat over the omelet. Cook a minute or two. Fold the omelette and serve immediately.
Here you go for the goat cheese omelet with red peppers! What about your recipes for quick omelets on the go?