Looking for an impressive and quick appetizer? Try this Garlic Parmesan Roasted Shrimp with a homemade spicy mango sauce.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Ingredients list for the roasted shrimp
- 1 lb (450g) medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
The spicy mango dipping sauce:
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha, or ketchup (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- Salt pepper, to taste
The mango sauce:
1. Combine mango, greek yogurt and lime juice in your blender and pulse to obtain a smooth puree.
2. Transfer to a bowl, add garlic, salt and pepper and mix well. Keep refrigerated until serving.
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and lightly oil a rimmed baking sheet. Boil 4 cups water.
2. Place shrimp in a large bowl and pour boiling water over and let soak for 2 minutes before draining. Toss drained shrimp in a large bowl with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and parmesan. Lay in a single layer onto the baking sheet, and sprinkle with additional seasoning if needed.
3. Roast in the oven until pink for about 5-7 minutes, until pink, firm and cooked through. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately with the mango sauce or a drizzle of lemon juice.