This baked garlic parmesan potato cake is rich and savory and makes the perfect finger food to pull apart slice after slice; unless you prefer having a good slice with a dollop of cream. The exterior is crispy, yet the inside remains amazingly luscious with layers of cheesy, superior flavor.
Ingredients list for the baked potato cake
- 3 to 4 large potatoes, peeled, rinsed and sliced
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (or garlic powder)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
1. Preheat your oven to 360°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice potatoes 3mm thick using a mandolin slicer or a very sharp knife, and set them aside in a large salad bowl.
2. In a bowl, combine melted butter, parmesan, black pepper, minced garlic, paprika, salt and Italian seasoning. Pour 3/4 of the seasoning mixture over the potato slices and toss to coat them well.
3. Using the outer ring of a spring form pan or a large baking ring, stack the potato slices together to form a tart. Sprinkle the parmesan-butter mixture between layers and finish with a good sprinkle on top. You can also form the potato cake without using a ring.
4. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve immediately. Pull potato slices apart and dip into herbed greek yogurt or whipping cream, enjoy! ♥︎
Note: You can also enjoy it as a galette, cut slices likes a regular tart and serve with a dollop of cream.