Antioxidant or stress reliever, even if we all agree about chocolate being “happiness in a tinfoil” we don’t need much more reasons to crave our favorite treat! Not only these fruit chocolate bars will satisfy your sweet tooth and fill your kitchen with a delicious aroma, but they will also make wonderful gifts for friends and family. Choose a a good quality chocolate to ensure a perfect tempering.
Ingredients list for the dried fruit chocolate bars
Makes 16 bars:
- 1/2 lb (250g) of dark chocolate
- 1/2 lb (250g) of milk chocolate
- A mix of dried fruits: apricots, raisins, almonds, hazelnuts, pecans, pistachios…
- A blend of candied fruit: orange peel , lemon , ginger…
You’ll need a good cooking thermometer in order to temper chocolate.
1. First we have to temper dark chocolate and milk chocolate separately, so the same process applies for both varieties. Place coarsely chopped chocolate in a double boiler and melt gently stirring constantly. The water bath should not boil. Raise the temperature of the chocolate to 130°F (55°C) for black, 110-120°F (45-50°C) for milk chocolate.
2. Remove from the water bath and let the temperature drop drown, stirring constantly until reaching 82-84°F (28-29°C) for dark chocolate and 78-80°F(26-27°C) for milk chocolate.
3. Then replace the bowl on the water bath and let the temperature to rise to 87-90°F (31-32°C) dark chocolate and 84-86°F (29-30°C) for milk. The chocolate is then ready for use.
4. Pour into silicone molds, tap on a hard surface to distribute evenly and remove air bubbles. Divide the fruit pieces without pressing too much on the chocolate.
5. Allow to set for 3-4 hours in a cool and dry place.