Here’s the kind of “go-to recipe” you’ll make over and over again over the weeks. A celebration of contrasts in color, flavor, and texture, this fresh watermelon, radish, arugula and feta salad engages all the senses and is perfect for a quick lunch at home or at work. It takes only about ten minutes to make: the chopping is the main event, you don’t have to measure anything accurately and just toss in the plates with a dash of vinaigrette sauce. For an evening dinner or a party, serve along grilled chicken or fish, you’ll be surprised by the mix of flavors!
Ingredients list for the watermelon salad
- Half a medium-small watermelon
- A bunch of coriander
- A handful of mint leaves
- 1 large handful of arugula
- 1/2 bunch radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 3 1/2 ounces (100g) feta cheese
One-Pan Cajun Chicken
- 1 knob (1/2 inch) of grated ginger
- 1/2 red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Juice of 2 limes
- Salt and pepper
1. Cut and peel the quarters of watermelon, remove as much seeds as you can cut flesh into small pieces.
2. Dispose watermelon, radishes, cilantro, mint and arugula into plates.
3. Prepare the vinaigrette by mixing all ingredients and pour over the salad. Then sprinkle with crumbled feta and enjoy.