Here’s a fragrant and tasty pesto sauce made of fresh tomatoes to accompany your pasta, cold soups or bruschetta. This pesto is very easy to make for maximum of flavor!
Ingredient list for the Fresh Tomato and Basil Sauce
- 1 clove of fresh garlic (germ-free)
- A handful sprigs of basil
- 5 tomatoes
- Olive oil
1. Blanch the tomatoes and cut the flesh into small cubes. Add salt over. Set aside in a colander to drain all the water from the tomatoes.
2. Peel the garlic clove, and remove the germ if you do not find any fresh garlic. Then chop garlic coarsely to preserve its texture.
3. Pick the best basil leaves, then wash and chop with a sharp knife.
4. Gather tomatoes, garlic and basil in a ramekin and cover with olive oil (be generous!).
This pesto is delicious on pasta or soups, decorated with grated Parmesan.