Summers can get quite oppressive sometimes, and few things are as rejuvenating as a thirst-quenching drink on a steamy afternoon. What is it about fresh old-fashioned lemonade that makes you feel like a kid again? Easy to prepare and great tasting, there’s nothing as nostalgically perfect as a cool glass of this homemade lemonade. Sit back, put your feet up, and pour over ice!
Preparation time: 5 min for about 1 liter
Ingredients list for Lemonade
- 10 lemons + 1 for the decoration
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 2 pints (1 liter) of mineral water + 1 cup water for dissolving sugar
1. Prepare 1 cup of boiling water.
2. To get the most juice out of your lemons: firmly roll the lemons between your hand palm and counter, then cut the lemon in half. Squeeze lemons and collect the juice into a heat resistant container. Add sugar, boiling water and stir until all the sugar dissolves.
3. Pour everything in a beverage dispenser (the one in this post is lovely). Add mineral water and mix again.
4. Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours minimum, before serving.
Try oranges instead of lemons for a sweeter taste or add some lime juice for an extra zing. You can garnish with raspberries, ginger or cherries, vanilla, honey, ginseng, thyme or rosemary – the possibilities are endless!