After the basic vanilla ice cream recipe, here’s a recipe for a good peach sorbet with honey and flavored with rosemary. The base of any sorbet consists of fruit that you mix with syrup or fruit pulp which is added to the syrup. Replacing one part of syrup with honey makes for a creamier sorbet in the mouth.
We’ve got another nice peach & ginger sorbet recipe here.
Making Peach Sorbet with Honey and Rosemary
Ingredients list for the peach sorbet
- 1/2 lb (500 g) of organic peaches
- 1 cup (140 g) of sugar
- 2 tbsp (40 g) of organic honey
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 cup (250 ml) of water
Peach sorbet recipe instructions
1. Put sugar, honey and rosemary together in a pan.
2. Add the water.
3. Bring to a boil, keep warm and covered, letting it steep.
4. Peel and pit peaches.
5. Cut them into small pieces.
6. Pour the hot syrup over peaches.
7. Wrap the container with plastic film and let refrigerate for an hour or two.
8. Mix using an immersion blender.
9. Churn the sorbet for 40 minutes in your ice cream maker.
Serve with biscuits.
Did you try this peach sorbet recipe? Leave a comment below if so!
How to make a good sorbet at home: equipment