Colorful, round and sweet! A delicious fruit salad with melon and nectarines, full of freshness! This fragrant salad of melon and nectarines —scattered with fresh mint — is the perfect unfussy dessert, just the right thing to bring to a last-minute spring dinner party or to snack on in the afternoon. It is full of vitamins! I love melon and I love nectarines, but nothing prevents you from making this salad with peaches if you wish. This colorful fresh fruit salad will brighten any meal.
Preparation time: 10 min, Cooking time: 10 min
Ingredients list forNectarines Melon Salad
Serves 6 to 8
- 2 small melons
- 2 nectarines or peaches, yellow or white flesh
- 1 handful of fresh mint leaves
For the syrup
- 3-4 tablespoons brown sugar
- Zest and juice of one organic lemon
1. 1 hour before serving, cut the melon into cubes of 1 inch (2.7 cm). Slice nectarines 2/3 inch (2 cm) thick and cut in half again. Mix everything in a bowl.
2. Boil 12 oz of water with sugar. Remove from the heat once boiling and stir until the sugar is completely dissolved. Add the lemon juice and half the zest.
3. Leave to cool, and then pour over the fruit. Sprinkle remaining zest and keep cool in your refrigerator.
4. Serve in bowls with mint and a spoonful of Greek yoghurt, cottage cheese or cream.
(Photo by Eleonora Grosjean)