Fresh Figs pie with a nice Fourme d’Ambert blue cheese covering, do you feel like it? Figs don’t last so long, so don’t wait too much for enjoying these littles treasures from mother nature. This little pie is eaten as a starter, or as little snack in the evening with a nice salad. Make sure to check this ressource post from Eric about figs after reading this Fresh Figs & Blue Cheese Pie recipe.
Ingredients list for recipes for figs pie
For 4 greedy
- 1 pastry
- 4 1/2 ounces (125 g) of Fourme d’Ambert or any blue cheese
- 6 figs
- 4 cs liquid honey
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cs thyme
- Preheat the oven to 390 ° F (200 ° C) (gas mark 6-7)
- In the dough, cut out 4 circles of 12 cm in diameter (I took a big coffee cups) and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. I recommend it, as honey tends to flow, if not… “hello cleaning”!
- Prick center with a fork.
- Mash the cheese with a fork (take it out a little before the fridge), then spread it on the tart, leaving 2 cm free all around.
- Mix the yolk with 1 tablespoon of water and brush the edges of pies.
- Cut the figs into quarters and form a star on the cheese. Pour honey on top. Add pepper and sprinkle with thyme.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes by putting the plate in the bottom of the oven, otherwise the fruit will burn.
Recipe inspired by : ELEONORA