Have a sweet start to your morning… or brunch, dinner, lunch, dessert, afternoon tea! There’s no time of day this microwave French toast in a mug wouldn’t work! With gooey marshmallow, crunchy walnuts and a creamy caramel sauce, it’s so quick to make, like a cross between French toast and a mug cake, which is to say, it is everything we’ve ever wanted!
Ingredients list for the french toast in a mug
Yield 4 servings:
- 1/3 cup (80ml) whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 4 slices sandwich bread, cubed
- 1 tablespoon of toppings per mug (marshmallow, walnuts)
- Caramel sauce, for serving (here’s a good recipe)
Super-Fudgy Double Chocolate Brownie
1. In a large bowl whisk together milk, eggs, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Set aside.
2. Lightly butter the inside of 4 microwave safe mugs (approx. 8 ounces). Divide half of the bread between the mugs. Top bread with half the marshmallows and walnuts. Repeat the layering with remaining bread and toppings.
3. Gently pour milk mixture over the top of each mug, dividing evenly between the cups.
4. Microwave each mug on high for about 1 minute and 15 seconds or until milk mixture is set. Watch carefully because the French toast will puff in the microwave. Serve warm with a good drizzle of caramel sauce. Enjoy!