The sole is certainly the finest fish dish and a favorite of most of us. Its firm flesh is easy to cook. If you cannot empty and prepare the sole, ask your fishmonger to get it ready to cook. This recipe is very simple and a delicious classic.
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
Ingredients: Sole Meuniere Recipe
Sole Meuniere for 6:
- 3 large soles fishes
- 1/3 cup (80 g) butter
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 bunch parsley
- 2 lemons
- Pepper mill
1. Wash and chop the parsley leaves.
2. Cut a lemon in half lengthwise and cut each half into thin slices.
3. Salt and pepper the soles and flour them.
1. In a frying pan, heat half the butter and olive oil.
2. Add the soles, white skin down, and do so them quickly; the moment must be seized so that the soles do not stick to the pan.
3. Cook for 3-4 minutes then turn and cook the other side for about the same time.
4. On the serving dish, arrange the lemon slices around the soles.
5. Squeeze a few drops of lemon sole, and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
6. Add remaining butter to the pan when soles have cooked, heat it until it gets a hazelnut color and pour over.
7. When in contact with the cold and wet parsley, butter should be foaming
Wine suggestion:Riesling, Chablis, Sancerre, dry white wine — Also Read: Scrambled Eggs Recipe