We’re currently interviewing full- and part-time unpaid interns to work in a small team of editors, contributors, executives, and developers in our New York City headquarters. If you’re enthusiastic about food and home cooking, experienced in food writing and editing, and handy with a camera, we’d love to hear from you. We are open to qualified applicants from anywhere, although we will prioritize New York City applicants.
- Working in a small, fast-moving editorial team to produce clever, useful online food content.
- Conceiving and writing short original blog posts: recipe roundups and menu plans, how-tos, product and book reviews
- Managing current social media accounts and seeking out new ones
- Helping out at weekly photo and video shoots
- Community management with a smile: corresponding and trouble-shooting with members via email, responding actively to comments and cooking questions on Eatwell 101
- Helping with basic office admin work, such as filing and mailing
- Working with developers to document bugs and suggest improvements to the site
- Supporting editorial and executive staff
Requirements & Qualifications
- Writing experience (published clips and/or personal blog)
- Familiar with the Eatwell 101 editorial voice and aesthetic
- Good cooking experience a plus (some combination of culinary school or other professional cooking experience)
- Loves food, appreciates the importance of home cooking and cooking with the seasons
- Cheerful under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- A+ multi-tasker and juggler of responsibilities big and small
- Interested in and engaged with social media like Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest
- Loves problem-solving and collaborating to drive Eatwell 101 forward
- Has a good sense of humor :)
Send your application to Saskia Raditz at —h e l l o [ A T ] e a t w e l l 1 0 1 . c o m— mentioning “Editorial Internship” on object.