If you are looking for a simple dessert that everyone will love at home — or at the office —, the brownie is a great choice. But simple doesn’t mean boring, and this recipe shows quite the opposite: The dark chocolate and cocoa duo makes this brownie incredibly flavorful while the thin crust offers a rich, fudgy interior. Make sure not to over bake to keep its moist texture!
Ingredients list for the chocolate brownie
- 2 sticks (230g) butter
- 1/2 lb (250g) dark chocolate, crushed
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/3 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (70g) all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
One-Pan Cajun Chicken
1. Preheat your oven to 360°F (180°C).
2. Melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler, stirring until smooth.
3. Remove from heat, and whisk in sugar, cocoa powder, then eggs until combined. Fold in flour.
4. Once you obtain a smooth batter, pour into a round or square pan, lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake for about 25-35 minutes, until a toothpick comes out with a bit of moist crumb. Then remove from parchment and transfer on a wire rack.
6. Wait the cake cools down to room temperature before serving. Bon appetit!
Note: add crushed walnuts, pecans or hazelnuts in the batter for a crunchy brownie.