Whether you wish to extend your culinary repertoire or liven up your cooking with spices, curry is your perfect kitchen companion. Its vivid flavors, combined with seasonal ingredients always offers unexpected combinations. In this recipe drawing its inspiration from India and Thailand, the kaleidoscope of spices infuses the chicken and eggplant with just the right amount of heat. Perfect for a quick and easy lunch or dinner!
Ingredients list for the eggplant chicken curry
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 large chicken breast
- 2/ cup (150ml) of coconut milk
- 3 spring onions
- 1/2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 coffee spoon turmeric
- Some unsalted peanuts or cashews for the topping
1. Cut eggplant and chicken into cubes of equal size.
2. In a large skillet or wok, fry the chicken over high heat with a little oil. Brown on all sides then set aside.
3. In the same skillet, add a little oil if needed and fry the onions, coarsely chopped. Add the eggplant and brown them a little, then add the spices and coconut milk.
4. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Eggplants should be tender. Then add the chicken cubes and simmer for 10 minutes more, until the sauce thickens.
5. Serve with Thai rice and sprinkle with crushed peanuts or cashews.