For breakfast, brunch or breakfast-for-dinner, these quick baked eggs-in-a-baguettes are a total crowd-pleaser. The addition of a spicy spinach stir-fry is a wonderful, healthy twist to your regular breakfast.
Ingredients lists for the egg baguette breakfast
Makes 5 servings
- 1 French baguette
- 5 eggs
- Salt and pepper
For the spinach
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- Grated parmesan
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Red chili pepper flakes (optional)
The egg baguettes
1. Pre-heat your oven to 360°F(180°C). Cut the baguette in 2 inches slices. Hollow the slices, keeping the bottom with some bread. Arrange in a baking pan.
2. Crack an egg in a cup and slowly pour it into the hole. You might end up with too much egg white, so keep it appart. Repeat the process with the other slices of bread. Season with salt and pepper and bake for 10-15 minutes, until set, with the yolk cooked to your liking.
1. Rinse the spinach and pat dry. Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
2. Add 3 cups baby spinach and cook, tossing, until wilted, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper, and stir in 1-2 tablespoons grated Parmesan and cook for one more minute. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes if you like it. Serve with the egg baguettes.