Crunch and freshness – this is typically what we need right now! During the week, we usually don’t want to bash our head against the countertop to find an easy and balanced recipe. This week, the weather has been beautiful and the gardens are slowly beginning to bloom, but I guess our plates still need more color…
The coleslaw is not a typical spring salad; the ingredients are accessible all year round. But it’s less appealing in winter, maybe because of the freshness factor! So this recipe is ideal for those who want to pay attention to their shape line with the arrival of sunnier days. It is quite possible to replace the whole yogurt with a 0% fat yogurt and reduce the amount of oil for the sauce. The vegetables used have high satiating properties; they also provide vitamins and fiber… What else could you ask for?
Ingredients list for best coleslaw recipe:
- 3 large carrots (shredded)
- 1/4 head white cabbage (shredded)
- 1/4 head red cabbage (shredded)
- 1 large fennel (shredded)
- 1 red onion (shredded)
For the coleslaw dressing :
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 white yoghurt
- 1tbsp whole grain mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Some chopped basil leaves
1. Peel and wash the carrots and grate them in a food processor or by hand (using a coarse grater). Slice red cabbage, white cabbage and fennel with a knife, as thinly as possible (or use your food processor). 2. Peel the red onion and chop it finely too.
3. Prepare the dressing with all the ingredients that you mix together in a large bowl. Add vegetables and mix well to coat with sauce.
4. Put in your refrigerator until ready to serve. Garnish with basil before serving.