Anyone who’s fond of chocolate will love this smooth, nutty fudge twice as much. The sweet, smooth combo of milk and white chocolate pairs divinely with crunchy walnuts. We enjoin you to make several batches as they are perfect for hostess gifts. Beware of kids, these fudge won’t last long!
Ingredients list for the double chocolate fudge
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk (about 3/4 pound – 300g)
- 1/3 stick (40g) butter
- 3/4 pound (350g) milk chocolate
- 1/4 pound (100g) white chocolate
- 1 handful of walnuts
- 1 pinch of salt
1. Line a square baking pan ( approximately 7×7-inch ) with parchment paper.
2. Chop the milk chocolate and white chocolate and set aside.
3. Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Add the chopped milk chocolate.
4. When the chocolate begins to melt, add the condensed milk and mix well.
5. Meanwhile, gently melt the white chocolate in a double-boiler, or slowly in the emicrowave.
6. Add a pinch of salt and crushed walnuts into the butter/milk chocolate mixture and mix well to get a smooth texture.
7. Pour into the square baking pan. Then pour the melted white chocolate over and whisk gently in circular motion with a wooden stick to create a marble effect.
8. Refrigerate overnight. The next day, pass the blade of a large knife under hot water and cut 1-inch squares.
Notes: Keep in a cool, dry place and eat quickly because condensed milk won’t keep very long.
(Photo by Cuisimiam)