This is Mirabelle plum season! I love those little plums! We can eat mirabelles many ways: jam, cake, coulis in yoghurt and clafoutis! There are so many preparations where they can be used… Without forgetting macerations and brandy. How about a little plums clafoutis with a hint of bergamot in a veil of tea?
Ingredients list for the Mirabela Clafoutis
- 1/2 lb (500g) mirabela plums
- 1 pint (500 ml) of almond milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (100 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 ounce (25 g) blond sugar, flavored with natural vanilla (read the vanilla sugar recipe here)
- 1/2 cup (80 g) white sugar
- Confectioner sugar
- 2 tsp Earl Grey tea in bulk
- A knob (20 g) of butter
Preparation: Plums Clafoutis
1. Warm the almond milk with butter and tea (in a small bag). Combine flour with sugar. Pour and stir in the eggs one by one. Pour the milk after the tea out.
2. Mix everything. Butter a Baking Dish, not too high.
3. Place plums. Pour the dough and bake for 50 minutes at 210 degrees.
4. Remove from oven and sprinkle with icing sugar
- You can re-bake for 5 minutes to melt the sugar and form a small crust on it.
- If using ramekins, only 30 minutes of cooking will be enough.