Food lovers should watch out because today I offer you a calorie bomb… This ice cream will melt your best resolutions for summer, for sure! Who said having fun was forbidden? The important thing is not to serve yourself twice… For this ice cream, you have two options: either you make your salted butter caramel by yourself (it’s really not difficult, you’ll find the recipe here) or you buy ready-made caramel.
Ingredients list for the Custard Ice Cream with Salted Butter Caramel
- 2 cups (50cl) boiled custard
- 2 cups (50cl) whole fresh cream
- (225g) salted butter caramel (and a bit more for decoration — get the recipe here)
- Soft caramel candies
1. Mix boiled custard, fresh cream and caramel. Refrigerate.
2. When the mixture is cold, pour into your ice cream maker and leave to churn until you get the consistency of ice cream.
3. Add small pieces of caramel candy. Pour in a container, cover and freeze for a minimum of 2 hours.
4. Serve scoops of ice cream in individual cups. Top with a drizzle of salted butter caramel. Enjoy!