Rich and velvety, creamy and smooth, this sweet potato and coconut milk soup is perfect for fall and the approaching holiday season. Filling and warming you to your toes, it’s full of delicious flavors from naturally sweet ingredients. Plus, it’s 100% dairy-free!
Ingredients list for the Sweet Potato Soup
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large celery stalk, diced
- 2 lbs (3 medium) sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Chopped chives and dried cranberries to garnish, optional
Whole Roasted Cauliflower With Butter Sauce
1. In a large pot, over medium heat, heat 3 tablespoons oil. Add chopped onion and celery and cook 4 minutes or until soft, stirring occasionally. Add 3 minced garlic cloves and saute for one minute more.
2. Stir in diced sweet potatoes and 2 teaspoons salt. Pour in 4 cups vegetable broth, partially cover with water if necessary and simmer for 20 minutes or until sweet potatoes are cooked through and easily pierced with a knife.
3. Puree soup until smooth using a blender or immersion blender. Return soup to the pot and stir in 1 cup coconut milk then adjust seasoning if needed. Serve warm in bowls. Sprinkle the tops with dried cranberries and garnish with fresh chopped chives.