Just in case you doubt it, it’s totally possible to have both a quick yet comforting dinner made from scratch in the same time. This tender and juicy chicken skillet is made with sautéed garlic and mushrooms and topped with a creamy sauce. Serve with pasta for one incredible 30 minute meal!
Ingredients list for the Creamy Chicken Mushroom Skillet
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 oz (115g) button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallion
Ham Cheese & Spinach Puffs
1. Season chicken breasts on both sides with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. In a large skillet add olive oil and cook the chicken breasts on medium high heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until browned and cooked through. Remove chicken and set aside on a plate. Add the sliced mushrooms and garlic and cook for a few minutes until tender. Remove and set aside.
2. In the same skillet, add the chicken broth, heavy cream and cream cheese. Cook over medium heat and whisk until smooth. Continue to cook for 1-2 minutes until it starts to thicken.
3. Add the mushrooms and garlic to the sauce followed by chicken. Toss chicken to coat in the creamy sauce. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Heat for a 5 minutes on medium and serve immediately topped with chopped scallion.