You can eat these creamy chicken meatballs a million different ways: on top of pasta, zucchini noodles, cauliflower rice or even in a sandwich! It’s comfort food at its tastiest and you can whip it up in about 30 minutes.
Ingredients list for the creamy chicken meatballs
- 1 lb (450g) ground chicken
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto (or any pesto you like)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 tablespoon basil pesto (or any pesto you like)
- 2/3 cup (160ml) light sour-cream
- 1 1/4 cup (300ml) chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch or corn flout mixed with one teaspoon water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
1. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, parmesan, pesto, egg, breadcrumbs, garlic, salt, and pepper. With clean hands, gently work the mixture together until it is well combined. Shape into approximately 12 balls and transfer to a plate.
2. Heat butter and olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Brown chicken meatballs until golden and cooked through. Remove from skillet and set aside.
3. In the same skillet, saute minced garlic until fragrant, just a few seconds, and slowly add sour cream while whisking. Heat through on medium heat, keep stirring slowly. Add chicken stock, cornstarch, basil pesto, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Keep cooking on medium-low heat for about 5-7 minutes, stirring often, until smooth.
4. Put the chicken meatballs back into the skillet and heat through for a couple of minutes, coating with the creamy pesto sauce. Serve on pasta or zucchini noodles, topped with parmesan and basil, if you want. Enjoy! ♥︎