For a weeknight meal or entertaining if you have company coming at the last minute, here’s a delicious crab cakes recipe easy to make at home. Make them small enough to produce a crisp crust and ensure even cooking.
Ingredients list for crab cakes
- 1 pound (450g) crab meat (fresh is better, but if you use canned crabmeat, make sure to drain thoroughly before cooking)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 large egg
- Few drops of Worcestershire sauce
- 6 tablespoons of oil
- 3 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper
1. Drain crabmeat carefully.
2. In a large bowl, thoroughly mix the crabmeat, mayonnaise, egg, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
3. Make small patties and roll in the breadcrumbs. Make sure to coat the sides.
4. Heat oil in a skillet and fry the crab cakes over medium heat on each side until lightly browned (about 3 minutes each side).
5. Drain oil over absorbent paper. Serve as an appetizer with a homemade mayonnaise.