We all have plenty of things going on during the week, and not much time to cook. Squeezing a good dinner in is a bit of a challenge – but here is a recipe, simple and quick to perform that is still guaranteed to be a hit with the whole family. These well seasoned and tender beef meatballs with sautéed zucchini are like a one stop dinner pop. You can make them ahead and have them on hand for later. It is possible to make beef meatballs with other herbs and spices of course! You can also stuff tons of nutrient rich ingredients like peas and quinoa into, or include a little surprise of garlic, cherry tomato, button mushroom or even an olive tucked up inside!
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Ingredients list for the coriander meat balls
Makes approx. 30:
- 1 lb (500g) of ground beef
- 2 slices of bread
- 1/2 cup (10cl) of milk
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 5 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1tablespoon cumin
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup (10cl) of olive oil
Ham Cheese & Spinach Puffs
1. Soak the bread slices in milk. In a bowl, mix the minced meat with drained bread crumbs. Stir in onion and garlic chopped very thinly, chopped coriander, cumin, 1beaten egg, salt, and pepper.
2. Sift flour over a plate, and put the second egg, slightly beaten, in another one. Moisten your hands and form small meat balls that you roll into flour and coat with beaten egg.
3. Heat the olive oil in a skillet and fry the meatballs over medium heat, turning regularly.
For the sautéed zucchini, check the recipe here.
Arrange the zucchini in the plates, top with meat balls and top with few shredded cilantro leaves.