In the oven:
- Roast: Remove bard systematically. Replace fat with a little water. Do not hesitate to add herbs and vegetables around the meat. Salt the meat after cooking.
- On the pin: the natural fat is enough for cooking, it is unnecessary to add more.
- In foil: Think of this method of cooking for all lean meat (rabbit, chicken cutlet or veal). In a sheet of parchment paper, place your meat, spices (bay leaf, thyme, rosemary, parsley, tarragon, chervil, basil) and / or aromatic vegetables (garlic, onions, shallots, mushrooms, tomatoes)
- Braised: To not use fat, brown the meat in a preheated non-stick vessel. Then add vegetables and various spices, then the liquid (water, broth or a little wine)
- Simmer. Degrease and thicken the sauce with a little cornstarch or flour.
- Grilled: Use an electric grill, preferably a vertical, cast-iron grill, barbecue or stone to fire. There is no need to baste the meat with oil. You can flavor your food using: pickles (wine mixed with water, yogurt, skim milk, lemon juice, tomato sauce, herbs, condiments, spices), stuffing (chipmunks, garlic, parsley, vegetable, sorrel, mushrooms, lean meat).
What about cooking Fish?
In court-bouillon: Dip the fish in a warm and crumbled broth to avoid boiling the fish.
- Oven: In a dish with spices and vegetable side dishes such as tomatoes, fennel, mushrooms and drizzled with a little white wine previously flamed.
- In foil: Wrap in parchment paper and season as explained above for meat.
- In the microwave oven: Accompanied with varied inspiration!
- Grilled: Particularly fatty fish such as mackerel, herring, and salmon
Eggs: tasty fat-free cooking
Eggs can be cooked in different ways: hard, poached, boiled, scrambled or in a ramekin dish.
Fried or in an omelette, you can prepare eggs using a non-stick pan. Put some water in the bottom of the pan when the water boils, add the eggs and cover until cooked as desired.
Cooking vegetables without using fat
Steam cooking allows a good preservation of minerals and vitamins, in vegetables.These can be eaten plain or as an accompaniment:
- In flan: after draining, mix vegetables with skim milk or juices, beaten eggs, and nutmeg. Cook over low heat until reaching a custard-like texture and broil lightly.
- In puff: after draining, vegetables are mixed and added with skim milk, egg yolk and egg white until stiff.
- With a white sauce or light soup: using zucchini in place of the potato can give the soup a velvety touch.
- Braised: this cooking method can be done by adding herbs and spices. For some vegetables with strong flavor (cabbage, cauliflower) I advise you to make blanch before a normal cooking.
Tasty fat-free fruits
Boiling: Dip fruit in boiling water with added lemon juice and sweetener.
In foil: let the scent of vanilla (pod or powder) with cinnamon and lemon juice, invade your kitchen.