Cold Cucumber Soup
Unbeatable for its cooling sensation, the prepared cold cucumber soup is light, refreshing and very significant during hot weather.
Ingredients Cold Cucumber Soup
For 6 people:
- 1 cucumber
- 2 teaspoons mint chopped
- 1 tsp parsley, chopped
- 2 Bulgarian yoghurt
- Salt and pepper
Materials: large bowl
Preparation Cold Cucumber Soup
- Wash cucumbers, cut in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Cut cucumbers into very small dice.
- Mix with herbs and yogurt.
- Salt and pepper.
- Leave for two hours in the refrigerator.
- Serve chilled in individual cups, decorated with a thin slice of cucumber and a mint leaf.
Ideas, tips & tricks
The virtues of cucumber diet are indisputable. The cold cucumber soup is great if you watch your line. The raw cucumber contains vitamins and very few calories. To vary
quick and easy way, this recipe is an excellent base just waiting to be completed to your taste: lemon juice, garlic, fresh mint, chives, dill, basil, olive oil, few drops of Tabasco, or sweet pepper. Serve this soup with garlic croutons or with bread sticks with caraway, spread with fresh goat cheese.