Here’s a spring salad which uses almost all of spring’s seasonal produces. This fresh and light mix combines lamb’s lettuce, asparagus, radishes and a little egg with a hazelnut vinaigrette. The mixture of flavors is ideal to start a good meal!
Ingredients list for Asparagus Salad with Eggs, Radish and Lamb’s Lettuce
- 1 3/4 oz (50g) lamb’s lettuce
- 10 radishes
- 6 asparagus
- 2 eggs
- 6 hazelnuts
- Hazelnut oil
- Sunflower oil
- Rice vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- Salt and pepper
1. Cook the eggs in boiling water for 10 minutes. Wash the lamb’s lettuce, asparagus and radishes.
2. Cut the asparagus in half and then cut into thin stripes lengthwise. In a skillet, melt a knob of butter and add the asparagus, cover with a little salted water and cook for about ten minutes. The asparagus must remain crunchy. Drain well.
3. Peel the radishes and cut into thin slices.
4. When the eggs are cooked, remove the shell and cut into small pieces.
5. For the dressing, combine shelled hazelnuts, 3 tablespoons rice vinegar, 2 tablespoons hazelnut oil and 4 tablespoons sunflower oil in a blender. Season with salt and pepper and then mix everything.
6. In serving plates, divide the lamb’s lettuce, radishes, asparagus and egg, and add the hazelnut vinaigrette at the last moment.